If anyone here uses last.fm, you may remember that once upon a time, in a better world, last.fm had free streaming radio. Type in the name of an artist or a genre and you’d find a ton of artists similar to what you originally typed in. It was awesome. I found so much music through that. And then they took it away.
Since then, I’ve been trying to find alternatives. Yes, there is Pandora and Spotify, but both don’t work up here in Canada (thank you RIAA, you bastards), and then there’s the issue of scrobbling to last.fm itself.
I finally found an alternative to last.fm, and while it’s no replacement, it’s a start: Slacker Radio. Right out of the box, it does not scrobble your tracks, but there’s a trick to get it to do so. It’s called lastslacker, and while it’s not pretty, it gets the job done. In a matter of minutes I’ve already begun finding awesome new music. Check it out if you’re into that stuff. Otherwise, carry on.
Oh yeah, I should mention that it’s also free.
No comments:
Post a Comment