Thursday, June 3, 2010

1997 And Counting

Thirteen years ago today, my family immigrated here. It’s pretty crazy when I think about it and let it sink in. Truth be told, I barely remember anything before immigrating here, being five years old at the time. I found it funny that it was cloudy today, because it was cloudy the day we landed here. It still boggles my mind sometimes when I think about it. I was too young then to understand what was going on, but I can only imagine what was going on in my parents minds at the time. Moving to a place where you don’t know anyone and have no clue what you’re going to be able to do to put food on the table is no doubt a daunting task.


Sometimes I wonder what would’ve happened if my parents decided to make such a big move if I was older, but I’m happy they did it when I was too young to remember too much of where I used to live. There’s less reason for me to have issue with moving that way, and I can say that from experience. As for landing in Toronto and not somewhere else in Canada, I’d say that’s a good choice on their part. Toronto has it’s odd moments every now and then, but for the most part it’s a pretty awesome city.

No comments:

Post a Comment